Tuesday, July 19, 2011
NUS briefing
Today evening went to school for my Part-time Degree course briefing, bidding of modules, administration matters and etc. There is one portion where a 50 plus year old, currently studying 3rd year in industrial management shared his experiences studying at NUS. His speech was very confident, and this old uncle shared how he overcome the difficulties albeit his old age.
I decide to write this post because I felt it was very interesting when he shared these 2 stories.
[Start]
There was once a mother gave birth to quadruplets. And all 4 daughters successfully completed their Polytechnic Diploma. The mother was so happy that all her daughters are doing so well. She went to ask all her daughters what will be their ambition career?
The 1st daughter said: Mum, I would like to further my studies to obtain the Bachelor's Degree. Mum: Wow! that's very good! She was very delighted and decided to buy a gift to the 1st daughter, so she bought her an i+Pod.
2nd daughter said: I want to further my studies until Master Degree, I do not want to stop at Bachelor's Degree. And the Mum was even happier to hear such a good news and decided to buy a gift to the 2nd daughter, so she bought her an i+Phone.
3rd Daughter said: I want to be better, I want a Doctorate PHD Degree because I do not want to stop at Master degree. Then the Mum was overjoyed looking how all her daughters had did her proud. She decided to buy a gift to the 3rd daughter to reward her, so she bought her an i+Pad.
And lastly, Mum asked the 4th daughter what will you want to do?
4th daughter: Mum, I do not want to study more, I HAD ENOUGH! I want to get married and settle down. Mum: Hmm. Okie. 4th daugther: Mum, will i get any gift like the other sisters? Mum: Yeah, I think this gift is something that you will need, so she decided to buy her an i+Ron. [End]
The second story goes like this.
[Start]
There was once a day when a guy is sleeping, the Mum came into his room and wake him up. The guy refuse to wake up. and so the Mum shake him vigorously and said: it is time for school so WAKE UP!
Son: Why should I get up bed just to go school, give me 2 good reasons.
Mum: So why don't you give me 2 good reasons why you should not get up for school?
Son: FINE! Firstly,The students HATE me and lastly, the teachers HATE ME!! arghh!! So what are your 2 good reasons for me to go school?
Mum: First, You are 45 this year, and secondly you are the Principal of the school! [End]
So do you capture any life goals, or any 人生道理 in this 2 little short stories? haha! It is how our brains filter things differently and get the end results for those problems. It is like how people can apprehend this question: how do you actually draw a square with 3 lines? Think about it. Answers will be at the bottom of the post.
Somehow whatever words that he said last night motivates me a lot that going through the study cycle once again isn't that tough actually. He also said when executing any difficulty, you must always find that
"JOY" that pushes you forward and in everything you do.
" When Life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show Life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.."
Answer: Simply draw a square first and add 3 lines diagonally inside the square. =)
Destiny. Fate. Life. @ 10:35 AM