Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Tyre Punctured.
On 14th June 2012, first time in my life I had change a 'blasted' tyre. =(
Here I am writing down just in case I met with another similar case or met with a situation to dirty my arms and legs again. Always drive with care, remove all the foreign objects around your vehicle that will be your potential hazards when you drive off. Caused I ran through the pallet plank of wood and assume that I can "siam" that but didn't. =(
1) Find out the ways to take out your spare wheel. Prepare some of the equipments: lifting jack, Z-spanner, long black rod to spin the joint to lift up the jack. and alot of patience and strength.
2) Understand how you take out your spare tyre, some maybe just at the boot of car, below the seat but some goods vehicle is quite special because it is hanging below the vehicle and you need to spin the pulley until the wheel hits the ground with a rod and then able to take the wheel. Then need to spin the pulley back up else when you drive off with the thing is still dangling and rubbing on the road.
3) Firstly, loosen the nuts (until able to turn it with ur fingers) that is attached to the punctured/ flat tyre. Next, find a location that is the backbone with very good support from the chassis as the point to jack up the vehicle.
4) Jack up the vehicle which can takes super long time and lots of strength until the wheel is away from the ground.
5) Loosen the nuts from the punctured wheel all the way and take out the wheel. Replace with the spare tyre, you may not be able to lift it so get someone to help because you need to align the screwholes with the spare wheel rims.
6) The tightening part is very tricky, you need to tighten in a diagonal format. You cannot follow clockwise to screw back the nuts as it will still be loose. So example, when u tighten the nut at 10'Oclock, you need to tighten the next one at 4'oclock, then 1 oclock, 7 oclock etc.
7) Get the spare tyre change as soon as possible because it cannot last long as it was left it for a long time. This was suppose to be for temporary use only.
It's quite an experience I can say, I don't mind doing it again but definitely not under the hot sun. I will definitely say yes to provide assistance to a pretty gal along the expressway. LOL!
"Single doesn't always mean lonely and relationship doesn't always mean happy..."
Destiny. Fate. Life. @ 8:16 PM